Gastric Bypass Surgery Malpractice
Many people struggling with weight issues avoid the benefits of gastric bypass surgery due to the risks that it involves. This hesitancy is understandable because medical malpractice and negligence have led to a disproportionate number of gastric-bypass-surgery-related injuries and wrongful death. Common medical errors committed in gastric bypass surgery procedures include:
- Improper and incomplete post-operative care, including care occurring both in the hospital and following discharge from the hospital
- Surgical errors leading to uncontrolled bleeding
- The failure to remove all surgical instruments from the body
- Basic errors committed by rural and small-town care facilities that are not equipped to handle surgical complications
- Improper screening of patients
Gastric Bypass Surgery Complications
If you or a loved one has experienced serious injuries or complications following gastric bypass surgery or if a loved one has died following gastric bypass surgery complications, contact the Columbus, Ohio, law firm of The Donahey Law Firm. Our firm:
- Has over 40 years of experience in investigating, negotiating and litigating medical malpractice claims
- Has obtained awards of over $1 million for dozens of clients
- Serves as an information source for other law firms regarding complicated surgeries ranging from gastric bypass to Lasik eye surgery and hip, knee and joint replacement.
Often, clients injured during and after elective procedures express initial hesitancy in pursuing a claim. You have rights whether the procedure was elective nor not. For more information and to schedule a no-charge consultation with an experienced medical malpractice attorney regarding surgeon malpractice and mistakes, contact our firm.
Contact Us for Malpractice Legal Help
The Donahey Law Firm has offices in Columbus, Delaware, Dayton, and Cincinnati, offers free initial consultations and works exclusively on a contingency fee basis. To contact us call 866-918-5886.
6 Offices Serving All of Ohio