Traumatic Brain Injuries – Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Columbus, Ohio Can Help
Brain injuries can profoundly impact a victim and their family for years after the event, or even a lifetime. Since the best outlook for brain injury victims typically involves ongoing, costly medical care, it is important for a victim’s family to fully explore their legal options. When a medical professional’s negligence leads to a serious brain injury, a personal injury attorney who specializes in this type of law can help the family recover a variety of compensatory damages.
The Donahey Law Firm has been helping victims of traumatic brain injuries for over 50 years. Every case is different, but a successful traumatic brain injury lawsuit involves obtaining fair compensation that will cover all medical bills, outpatient care, therapy expenses, income loss, pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and other resulting damages. Such damages are often difficult to measure in monetary values, but our experienced team of lawyers has the skills and knowledge required to assess the true extent of harm suffered by victims and their families.
Types of Brain Injuries
Different types of brain injuries result in their own unique challenges and medical issues. Some brain injury cases we handle include those caused by the following types of injuries:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – These include any form of serious injury to the brain.
- Closed Head Injuries – These types of injuries occur when a victim’s brain is injured from the outside and without piercing the skull, typically by a blow to the head.
- Brain-Penetrating Injuries – These types of injuries are when the skull and brain are pierced by a foreign object. These injuries often occur in industrial workplace environments, as well as firearm accidents.
- Skull Fractures – In the case of a skull fracture, sometimes bone fragments can penetrate brain matter.
Brain injuries often result in nerve damage, hematomas (blood clots), bruising, and lacerations. All of these injuries can be life-threatening and require extensive medical care. Fortunately, our team of attorneys at The Donahey Law Firm can help recover the compensation you deserve in order to get the care you need.
BRAIN INJURY SYMPTOMS
Those who suffer a traumatic brain injury often exhibit a range of symptoms related to the accident. These may include:
- Physical problems, such as headaches, seizures, dizziness, nausea, blurred vision, hearing loss, decreased sensory perception, imbalance, and muscular weakness.
- Communication problems, such as difficulty maintaining a conversation.
- Cognitive problems, like lapses in concentration or focus, increased length of time in order to process information or stimuli, and memory loss.
In TBI cases, whether the injury results due to a trucking accident, medical malpractice, or birth complication, finding a personal injury lawyer in Ohio you can count on to fight for your rights is difficult.
The Donahey Law Firm knows how to take on insurance companies who rarely offer fair settlements, compile crucial evidence to support your case, and has the experience necessary to help you obtain fair compensation that will cover all medical expenses and related damages after a brain injury.
Experience Matters – Columbus, Ohio Brain Injury Attorneys
If you are searching for a reliable traumatic brain injury attorney in Columbus, Ohio, The Donahey Law Firm is here for you. Our team of accomplished personal injury lawyers can help you and your family explore all of your legal options to obtain a fair traumatic brain injury settlement amount. To schedule a free consultation, contact us today at (614) 224-8166.
Our law firm serves clients throughout Ohio. We also utilize a mobile office, so if you are unable to visit one of our locations, we will come to you.