Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Columbus, Ohio
Brain injuries can profoundly impact a victim and their family for years or even a lifetime. Because the best outlook for brain injury victims typically involves costly medical care, it is important for a victim’s family to fully explore their legal options. When a medical professional’s negligence leads to a serious brain injury, a personal injury attorney who specializes in this type of law can help the family recover a variety of compensatory damages.
The Donahey Law Firm has been helping brain injury victims in Columbus, Ohio for over 50 years. Every case is different, but a successful brain injury lawsuit involves receiving compensation for past and future medical expenses, outpatient care, lost income, reduced quality of life, and pain and suffering. These damages are often difficult to quantify in monetary amounts, but our experienced brain injury attorneys have the skills and knowledge necessary to understand the full extent of harm suffered by a victim and their family.
Types of Brain Injuries
Different types of brain injuries result in their own unique challenges and medical issues. Some of these serious brain injuries can include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – These include any form of serious injury to the brain.
- Closed Head Injuries – This is when the victim’s brain suffers trauma from a blow to the head. Car accidents often cause this form of brain injury.
- Brain-Penetrating Injuries – This is when a foreign object pierces the victim’s skull and passes through portions of the brain. Penetrating injuries sometimes occur in industrial workplaces or firearm accidents.
- Skull Fractures – In the case of a skull fracture, sometimes bone fragments can penetrate the brain matter.
Brain injuries often result in nerve damage, hematomas (blood clots), bruising, and lacerations. All of these injuries can be life-threatening and require extensive medical care. Fortunately, our brain injury lawyers in Ohio can help recover the compensation you deserve.
BRAIN INJURY SYMPTOMS
Those who suffer a traumatic brain injury often exhibit a range of symptoms related to the accident. These may include:
- Physical problems such as headaches, seizures, dizziness, nausea, blurred vision, hearing loss, decreased sensory perception, imbalance, and muscular weakness.
- Communication problems, such as difficulty maintaining a conversation.
- Cognitive problems like lapses in concentration or focus, increased length of time in order to process information or stimuli, and memory loss.
Columbus Ohio Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are searching for a reliable personal injury attorney in Columbus, Ohio, the Donahey Law Firm is here for you. Our team of accomplished attorneys can help you and your family explore all of your legal options. To schedule a free initial consultation with our injury lawyers, contact us today.
Our experienced brain injury attorneys serve clients throughout Ohio, and even have a mobile office– if you are unable to visit one of our locations, we will come to you.