You try to avoid it, but it’s happened. You were involved in a car accident. There is a lot to deal with at this moment. If you are not at fault for the accident, then one thing to consider is hiring an attorney to assist you with a personal injury claim.
You may not need a lawyer if there was no vehicle damage, no injury, no significant life impact, or the money given by insurance covers repairs. However, if any of the following apply to you, you should definitely call a personal injury lawyer.
- You suffered a significant injury or permanent disability
- There was a fatality
- You are suffering from emotional trauma
- It is unclear who is at fault
- The accident report is unclear or false
- Pedestrians or cyclists were involved
- Your accident was in a school or construction zone
- There are complicated technical, medical, or insurance details to be understood
- The insurance company begins acting strange or connects you with their attorney
- Your proof of insurance is being questioned
It’s never too early to contact an attorney. Many personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation to understand the details of your case and recommend whether or not you need a lawyer. It is possible to file a personal injury claim on your own, but this requires significant time and effort to complete successfully. If you’ve been in an accident and are not at fault, you could be entitled to significant compensation. Call the Donahey Law Firm today to discuss your options.