Ohio Brain Injury Lawyers
- Talk to a lawyer for free with no obligation. We advance all costs & only get paid if you do.
- Tens of millions of dollars recovered for the injured.
- Offices throughout Ohio.
- We have obtained the highest single-year verdict in four counties (twice in Franklin).
Brain injuries can profoundly impact a victim and family for lengthy durations or even a lifetime. Because the best outlook for brain injury victims typically involves costly medical care, it's important for the victim's family to fully explore its legal options. When someone's negligence caused the victim's brain injury, a personal injury lawsuit may allow the family to recover a variety of compensatory damages.
The Donahey Law Firm has been helping Ohio traumatic head injury victims for more than 40 years. Every case is different, but a successful brain injury lawsuit often involves damages for past and future medical expenses, outpatient care, lost income, reduced quality of life and pain and suffering. These damages are often difficult to quantify in monetary amounts, but our experienced Ohio brain injury attorneys have developed remarkable skill at valuing the full extent of harm suffered by the victim and family.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury caused by another's negligence, our brain injury lawyers are ready to help you explore your legal options. Call us at 866-918-5886 or contact us online for a free consultation with an experienced Ohio injury attorney.
Types Of Brain Injuries
Different types of brain injuries often bring their own unique challenges to the victim and his or her family. They include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) involve any form of serious injury to the brain.
- Closed head injuries, where the victim's brain suffers trauma from a blow to the head. Car accidents often cause this form of brain injury.
- Brain-penetrating injuries, where a foreign object pierces the victim's skull and passes through portions of the brain. Penetrating injuries sometimes occur in industrial workplaces or firearm accidents.
- Skull fractures, where the victim's skull breaks. The broken skull-bone pieces sometimes present the threat of penetrating the brain matter.
Brain injuries often result in nerve damage, hematomas (blood clots), bruising and lacerations. All of these injuries can be life-threatening and require extensive medical care.
Brain Injury Symptoms
Each brain injury is a unique medical case with varying symptoms and a distinct outlook. Brain injury symptoms are often classified into three distinct classes: physical, communication and cognitive problems.
- Physical problems include headaches, seizures, dizziness, nausea, blurred vision, hearing loss, decreased sensory perception, imbalance and muscular weakness.
- Communication problems often manifest when the injury victim has difficulty maintaining a conversation.
- Cognitive problems include lapses in concentration or focus, increases in duration needed to "process" information or stimuli and memory loss.
These are just some of the debilitating symptoms of brain damage. A reputable physician can help you better understand the specific nature of the brain injury that's affecting you or your loved one.
Speak With An Experienced Columbus Brain Damage Lawyer
The Donahey Law Firm has a staff of accomplished Columbus brain damage attorneys who can help your family explore its legal avenues. Our Ohio injury law firm strongly believes that a client needs to know all potential avenues for financial recourse so he or she can make a fully informed decision.
To schedule a free consultation with a Columbus brain injury attorney, call us at 866-918-5886 or Contact Us. We serve clients throughout Ohio and even have a mobile office - if you're unable to visit one of our locations, we'll come see you.