Traumatic Brain Injuries: Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Ohio
Brain injuries can have profound and lasting impacts on victims and their families. When a medical professional’s negligence leads to a serious brain injury, it’s important for victims and their families to explore their legal options. A personal injury attorney who specializes in traumatic brain injuries can help the family recover a variety of compensatory damages to cover ongoing, costly medical care and other resulting damages.
At The Donahey Law Firm, our experienced team of personal injury lawyers has been helping victims of traumatic brain injuries in Columbus and throughout Ohio for over 50 years. We understand that every case is different, and we have the skills and knowledge required to assess the true extent of harm suffered by victims and their families. Our goal is to obtain fair compensation that covers all medical bills, outpatient care, therapy expenses, income loss, pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and other resulting damages.
Types of Brain Injuries
Different types of brain injuries result in their own unique challenges and medical issues. Our team of attorneys handles cases involving the following types of injuries:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – These include any form of serious injury to the brain.
- Closed Head Injuries – These types of injuries occur when a victim’s brain is injured from the outside and without piercing the skull, typically by a blow to the head.
- Brain-Penetrating Injuries – These types of injuries occur when the skull and brain are pierced by a foreign object. They often occur in industrial workplace environments, as well as firearm accidents.
- Skull Fractures – In the case of a skull fracture, bone fragments may penetrate brain matter.
Brain injuries often result in nerve damage, hematomas (blood clots), bruising, and lacerations. All of these injuries can be life-threatening and require extensive medical care. Our team of attorneys can help recover the compensation you deserve in order to get the care you need.
Symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury
Those who suffer a traumatic brain injury often exhibit a range of symptoms related to the accident. These may include:
- Physical problems, such as headaches, seizures, dizziness, nausea, blurred vision, hearing loss, decreased sensory perception, imbalance, and muscular weakness.
- Communication problems, such as difficulty maintaining a conversation.
- Cognitive problems, like lapses in concentration or focus, increased length of time in order to process information or stimuli, and memory loss.
In TBI cases, whether the injury results due to a trucking accident, medical malpractice, or birth complication, finding a personal injury lawyer in Ohio you can count on to fight for your rights is difficult.
The Donahey Law Firm knows how to take on insurance companies who rarely offer fair settlements, compile crucial evidence to support your case, and has the experience necessary to help you obtain fair compensation that will cover all medical expenses and related damages after a brain injury.
Experienced Brain Injury Attorneys in Columbus and Throughout Ohio
If you are searching for a reliable traumatic brain injury attorney in Columbus or anywhere in Ohio, The Donahey Law Firm is here for you. We can help you and your family explore all of your legal options to obtain a fair traumatic brain injury settlement amount. To schedule a free consultation, contact us today at (614) 224-8166.
We serve clients throughout Ohio and also offer a mobile office, so if you are unable to visit one of our locations, we will come to you.